Hand Institute of Charleston
Welcome to the Hand Institute of Charleston, your destination for hand and wrist care! Our board-certified fellowship-trained Orthopaedic Hand and Wrist Surgeons, Kyle Kokko MD PhD and Eric Angermeier MD, offer specialized and customized state-of-the-art operative and non-operative treatment options for all of your hand and wrist problems.
We believe in a comprehensive team approach to care, and have assembled a dedicated team of experienced hand health professionals in order to assist you through every step of the healing process. We also believe that the most important member of the team is YOU! Whether you are suffering from a hand or wrist injury, carpal tunnel, trigger finger, or painful arthritis, we can’t wait to welcome you to our team as we start down the road to recovery together!
Call us for an appointment today! (854) 429-4263
Conditions & Treatments
- NERVES: Carpal tunnel syndrome, cubital tunnel syndrome, nerve injuries, hand numbness and tingling.
- FRACTURES: Finger fractures, hand fractures, wrist fractures, boxer’s fracture, scaphoid fracture, distal radius fracture
- TENDON: Trigger finger, tenosynovitis, tendon injuries, flexor and extensor tendon lacerations, de Quervain’s tenosynovitis, tendon transfers.
- ARTHRITIS: Hand and wrist osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, thumb arthritis, CMC arthritis, SLAC wrist, bone spurs and cysts.
- TUMORS: Hand and forearm tumors, ganglion cyst, mucous cyst, osteochondroma, giant cell tumor, Dupuytren’s contracture.
- LIGAMENTS: Hand and wrist ligament injuries, ulnar collateral ligament injuries, gamekeeper’s thumb, skier’s thumb, scapholunate ligament injuries, TFCC tears, DRUJ instability, sports injuries
- SURGICAL TECHNIQUES OFFERED: minimally invasive techniques, in-office surgery, opiod-sparing surgery, microsurgery, wrist arthroscopy, Xiaflex injections, PRP injections (platelet rich plasma)